Mindfulness means being aware of what is going on around you and more importantly inside of you.
However, we tend to just run through life, from one destination to the next, without stopping and really listening to what’s going on around and inside of us. It’s about living in the present moment.
Here are some tips that might help you practice some mindfulness that will hopefully make you happier.
- Be more conscious. Stop and listen, touch, smell, think, feel, see and just be. That way I hope you can make the most of each day and not fall into the trap of letting life pass you by.
- The most precious gift you can give to another person is your presence. Give them your attention, your time, be with them and listen. No distractions.
- Take a walk. No destination. No time limit. Just relaxed walking, paying attention to your surroundings, soaking in the sounds, taking in the smells.
- Being mindful allows for bigger and stronger leaps of development. It allows for time to find new dreams and challenges. You’ll find inspiration and clarity on subjects you have been struggling with.
- Keep learning. We’re on a constant learning journey. It allows us to find out who we are, create yourself and grow.
- Slow down. Make sure that when you get up in the morning you have some extra time, so you don’t have to stress through your morning routine. That allows you to focus fully on what you are doing.
- Don’t depend on external validation. Don’t look for anyone else to give you permission to be who you want to be. You don’t need anyone’s validation to live a happy life.
- Follow your truth. Whatever you believe in you may follow mindfully.
- Don’t commit unless you really want it. Don’t fill every single minute of your day with to do list. But if you must, make sure to also put some relax time on there. Leave space. Give yourself room to think and breathe.
- Let go. When you try to control everything you won’t be be able to enjoy it as much. Be flexible. The best moments often happen unplanned.
- Solitude. Sometimes you need to tune out and just be with yourself to recover, recharge, empty the mind and just pause. Let the world do its thing without you for a while.
- A No today will be a Yes for something bigger tomorrow. Choose wisely.
- Gratitude turn what we have into enough. Always.